26 April 2009

Ohh.. Fishy fishee fishing day!

This weekend was quite different from other days. It's fishing day with other fellow fishermen fishing lovers because it's the HERRING SEASON. This is the time of the year when you can see swedes fishing everywhere with red pails full of herrings.



Don't know where to fish for herrings right? No worries, just head to the spot with the most swedish and you won't go wrong! The sun was bright and shining but the crazy wind can kill us.



GW bought me the cheapest rod he could find


Joel wanted to join in the fun


This continues like 30 minutes and nothing happened at this supposedly hot fishing spot. Not even 1 herring in the ang moh's red pail as well. Someone mentioned herrings swim in vast schools so we shouldn't have missed them. What exactly went wrong eh?
I got impatient and started stirring my rod left and right in the waters.



AND I CAUGHT A HERRING! Cheapo rod can do wonders ok.

We then received news that Xavier and Guoming caught several fishes from another spot near BTH and we quickly packed up in a flash of lighting to join them.



Fishermen and wives


Seline and her chio hair colour



Guess who




Gw said this pose is very ugly.
Wait till you see his multishot pictures in Seline's camera.








Fishing is a way to inspire the curiosity in kids






Didi is botak and still super cute


Our catch! Guess which one is mine... (to be revealed as finale)

BBQ the fish on the spot. Very delicious.


Isaac the BBQ man


Gallen is a budding fishmonger in the making.
He's like a pro when descaling and removing all the funny stuff inside the fish



Head gana chopped off



Okay. The question: Which fish was caught by me?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Drum roll drum roll
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TADAH! This pathetic ikan bilis was the only thing I caught there. However, I'm still super proud at least I did achieve something and don't you dare forget I'm the first person to hook up a herring hor (though it was purely an accident)


A nice picture of my ikan bilis for memory sake


Remarks: I applied sunblock with SPH 50 before I left home but I having a pair of SUNGLASSES tan on my face now!

No comments: