22 October 2014

Leah's first birthday party: Fun to be ONE!

The day has finally come...
 Leah's first birthday party and it's Sesame street theme.
I'm very happy with the DIY decorations, they look so colourful and cheerful :)
Buffet was from Stamford Catering, it's been 2 years since we last ordered from them and we were disappointed that their food standard has dropped tremendously.
 
 
My BIL and SIL went to get sesame street tees for the party, and my MIl is big bird!
Elliot was supposed to be Super Grover (I've already made the costume for him) but he wanted to wear his cookie monster t-shirt at the very last minute.
Ok... as long as he's happy.


The first few who came...
 

Photo booth time!
 
There's a long story behind that floating Abby balloon in the background.
We were at Compasspoint waiting for the party shop to open its door at 11am.
Yes, we are going to get balloons! No party is complete without balloons :)
 
We were their first customer of the day. We bought 5 colourful helium balloon and a 17" Abby balloon as I didn't want to spend a bomb buying the Abby balloon bouquet which costs $39.90.
All is well during the car ride back until when the balloons decided to burst suddenly when the elevator doors closed. My mind just went blank for like 8 seconds. WHAT!!??? Balloons burst even before the party begin??? My heart was pierced by a thousand knives. I called GW who was at the car park and told him we have no balloons now and I'm so sad!!! He went back to mall once again to get new balloons. And this time round he bought the giant Abby, the one which I couldn't bear to buy earlier $$$ and guess what... he took the stairs all the way up to the 15th level.
Don't want to risk it this time.
 

My cousins!
 

Changed into their DIY sesame street costumes :)
 

BIL and SIL with birthday girl!
 

My mummy and siblings ;)
 

Cousins and Granny :)
 

Leah's cousins fall in for birthday song
 

Where to look when there's so many cameras snapping away...
 

Our Abby Cadabby cake!
I love it so much. It's so pretty and the mango is so good!!!
 

Close up.
 

MY FIL's ootd was inspired by Mr Snuffleupagus from sesame street.
 

A family photo finally.
I was so busy behind the camera and we hardly had our family photos taken at the party.
Seems like we need to delegate the photographer job in the future.
 

 Squirmy kids
 

And Leah's not looking in every photo.
 

Leah is getting high after eating cake
 

Cass made her own trash bin with cardboard.
We were kidding to place her at the bus stop after the party ends.
 

Elliot's signature grouchy face.
 
 
I will only respond to cake and nothing else.
 

Photo with super grover Hazel yiyi and WS.
The one and only photo with Leah looking at the camera.


A few last group photos before the party officially ends...
 

Granny is sporting enough to wear the DIY visors.
 

Finally home after a long day.
Thank you everyone for taking time to come and celebrate my first birthday with me :)
Thank you my dear family for helping out with the logistics and also our kind neighbours, when we ran out of disposables.Last but not least, thank you for making my first party so super awesome and fun.
Ok, can't wait to explore the presents behind me already. Tata~
 
P/S: Check out the rest of the photos on my FB!

No comments: