06 May 2010

Our days in USA came and passed so quickly

Woots. Time flies when you are on holiday. We are back from the states last evening, it was a crazy trip (all that walking stuff is madness!) and I had to sleep 14 hours straight in order to recuperate and function properly again. Hoho. I have 12 days worth of laundry to do. They pile up like Mt Fuji and the sight of it makes me go weak in my knees. Faint.

Lazy to write more so here's some shots from Los Angeles, Hollywood California where we spent fantabulous 4 days. I will be posting Las Vegas and New York City pictures separately so do check back often ok!



Rented a dodge charger.
(Opps Sherin's face has got stray light but still chio.)


Our first dinner was Korean BBQ Buffet. 
BIG YEAH to unlimited beef slices servings.


The unchewable intestine


Complimentary steam egg custard and miso soup


Cuttlefish or Octopus, I can't differentiate but it's sure tasty.


Drove uphill for a worthy picture with the Hollywood sign


Glad we had our trusty tripod stand with us






I asked for a hollywood pose and I got this.






Day 2. SHOPPING!



The guys paid extra to upgrade their ride






We were early and the shops ain't open yet.



More stupid photos




My favourite outlet.



We then check out the streets of hollywood boulevard. Happening leh.



Walk of fame.



Chan is famous



Free photo outside Madam Tussards. Must take!






Nachoooooooooooooo




Bumble bee









I love your boobs, Marilyn.



Dinner at hooters was on our itinerary















Back to our hotel and here's our loot from the outlet.



Day 3 was miscellaneous errand day aka more shopping.
Alvin found his netbook from this Bestbuy branch, and my monchitchit was happy to buy his fishing game.



A test shot. We bought a lens hood for our camera.






Going to Ontario Mills outlet



Dropped Sherin to shop at Kitson.



We got a great parking lot which doubles a perfect paparazzie spot just outside Kitson.



Starbucks without fail.





Showcasing the expensive ring from Kitson.



Dinner at Chinatown.
My beef brisket wanton noodle soup was yummy.



Love sherin's expression. So kawaii!







Day 4. We got sick of the american breakfast offered by the hotel.
Alvin drove us all to Chinatown for breakfast. Hurray!




Yum Cha Cafe



Good and cheap kopi tiam dimsum



Ordered more than all of us could finish and it sums up to like 10usd only.



 Universal studios here we come come come...







 Lunch at Bubba Gump. Love the restaurant decoration, sticked very closely to the theme.


 The bench which Tom Hanks sat on


 Classic movie.


 Browsing through the menu... What to eat.. what to eat...

 Ping pong player.


The green drink



I had shrimp heaven. My favourite will be the coconut shrimps. Super delish.


 Sherin's mussels.


 Freshly baked chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream. Heavenly.


The alaska crab is superb.


 Souvenir shops make good photo opportunities :)


 Meet the princess. I doubt anyone will want that flying kiss.







 Can you buy this for me please.







 I went through this with my eyes and ears shut. What torture!



 The simpsons ride is cool. We took it twice and I felt nauseous after that.















 The terminator bike


And the hotties. Wee-weet!



The extras trying hard to blend in.



 Jurassic park!



 Are you ready for a good splashing time at the Jurassic park?



 We had the front row! Awesome fun.









 Downed a can of duff beer


I took pictures with the Simpsons family (missing Maggie though)
This is Stupid Homer



 Marge



 Bart & Lisa


 And penguins from the Madagascar











 The 50min boring tram tour of Universal Studios


 Dancing cars



 And the explosion


 The Jaws. How can it look so scary in the movie when it's this fake?


It's Who-ville, from movie 'The Grinch who stole Christmas'


 Wrecked scene from War of the Worlds






Our last dinner in LA before flying to Las Vegas the next day.



They have soya bean milk!
It's been 2 years since I last drank soya bean milk. *Happiness*

2 comments:

slegna said...

your post is fast and furious! HAHAHA my fav pic is the one with you wearing spongebob as a hat.

Cindy said...

Teehee :D

Spongebob squarepants says "SQUARE RULES!!!"