07 May 2010

I hope I don't bore you with all these rocks

Grand Canyon, one of seven natural wonders in the world and WE WERE THERE!!! I can't say much, you just have to see it with your own eyes. We signed up the Grand Voyager package with Papillon tours which includes a coach pickup from our hotel to the airport, flight to grand canyon west rim, transfer to a helicopter for the 4,000-foot descent into the canyon, followed by a nice and relaxing pontoon ride along the Colorado river.


Vistaliner airplane that brought us to the West Rim



Put on the ear phones for some commentary


We both had window seats






Woohoooo!!! I'm flying~



And after the helicopter transfer, we descend to the bottom of the Canyon.



The pilot flew us so near the canyon walls that I could almost touch it.



We are inside the Grand Canyon! It's so beautiful, it looks like a fake backdrop.















A little hike to the river banks to board the boat















A different view of the Grand Canyon from the Colorado river



Chio right... Took this while waiting for the helicopter to bring us up to Eagle Point for lunch.



Tadah! Lunch was included in the package so don't expect much. Just some simple food to fill your stomachs. However, it will be so much better if there's no stupid wind cuz I look so stupid chasing after my blown away paper plates and serviettes.








I don't see any Hualapai tribal people.



We then took the coach transfer to Guano point for pictures.
GW scolds me whenever I tried to peep down the hollow rim from the edges. And there was one time when the wind was so strong I kinda lost my balance and almost plunge into the Canyon. Yes and that would be the end of me - the chio, cute and funny Cindy! *Boohoo so sad.* Anyone who's going there please stay clear of the edges, you never know what's going to happen so do take no chances. It's suicide!



Living in the moment

















I do have more than these pictures but like I said, I don't wanna bore you with more rocks. So bye for now!

1 comment:

slegna said...

ME LOVES GRAND CANYON! :)
yah la, I didn't even stand a meter near any cliff. SCARY! they do say that ppl die from dropping off the cliffs at grand canyon ok! real one!