22 May 2010

A duck's tale

We were at Walmo park when we saw this pair of ducks building a nest near the shallows of the lake.

The story went like this.

The poor husband duck was the one who searched high and low for materials to build the nest. Everytime he finds a nice long straw, he will rush "home" with pride and pass it to the wife who is sitting on top of the half-done nest, before heading off again to find more straws. The wife makes sure the straws are neatly arranged and waits for the husband's next return. And then there was one time when he dived several times in vain to find nothing.

He panicked.

In the end, he brought back what seems like a rotten straw (looks more like a seaweed or watergrass to me.) He passed it to his wife, and stood still for 20 seconds while the wife yakked away angrily. I guess it was a super jialat scolding for not putting in much effort and she's blaming him for coming back with something not like before.

At that moment I was like so mad at the wife duck. Why did you scold your husband when you yourself is sitting there doing nothing. You think so easy to find then you go and find yourself lah!

At home, I thought about the incident again and was reminded of times when similar things happened to us and what were my reactions then. Gosh. I hate to admit it but I was like that female duck too.

Right now, I'm so inspired to change myself for the better and remind myself to cherish the people around me. Life is too short to be wasted on trifle matters.

James 1:19-20
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.


你不能夠改变别人 但你可以改变你自己
所以你要变强
你要变成钢铁人!!!


P/S: Basically you can ignore all the chinese stuff I wrote, they are crap. Must be too much ironman. I love you Monchitchit!!! And I wanna eat Michelangeo's duck breast.

1 comment:

slegna said...

HAHAHAHA! i love this story! :)