17 October 2008

stuck in a moment

I went for my first cellgroup gathering just now. It's a all-girls cellgroup and i don't know anybody but was glad got warmed up very quickly during sharing session.


Went home, and started to reflect abit and i realised God had indeed taken good care of me all these while. I couldn't find a church here, because their services are held in swedish, and one fine day I got approached by a swedish lady outside my house inviting me to their church for a chinese service. 不会吧!?!? God actually prepared this for me? We went to check out the church later in the evening, which is like 5min drive away. There were only 5 chinese including us, and the rest were all swedish people. They were very well dressed in shirt, coat and tie.. And GW felt under-dressed in polo and jeans. We didn't go back to the church because this chinese service is like a one-time thing they wanted to test out and their future services will still be held in swedish.


But God's plan is really far more than we can imagine, He gave me cellgroup when i was feeling weak. Especially my grandfather's illness and recent heart attacks which caused him to rush in and out of hospital. He told my sister he misses me alot and asked where I am now though she already told him many times i am in sweden.. (old people cannot remember well) It hurts me alot and I wished i could be there for him. I was on msn with aloysius (cousin) just now, and he said gong gong asked if i've written any letter to him. Wah lau... Breaks my heart even more! Totally want to cry liao. I told myself, i must write a letter to him NOW! Use A3 size paper so can write bigger for him to read! I pray everynight for his recovery and salvation. I want my gong gong to be the healthy and happy-go-lucky old man he used to be.


I will never forget he's the one who always buy me 1 siewmai when fetching me home from kindergarten. When I was in primary 2, he sends me to the community centre for art lessons every week without fail. We always bugged him to sing the ALISAN song when he's busy reading the newpaper, and he will do it together with the dance. When he comes to my house for visits, he will bring me and my sister downstairs to eat chicken rice. THE WHOLE CHICKEN OK! It was such a luxury back then :) But as the years passed, the insights faded, we all got busy and the world seemed colder. I seldom visit gong gong except during family gathering like birthdays, chinese new years, christmas etc. And everytime i greeted him "GONG GONG!", just a simple gesture like that can keep him smiling whole day.


I really wished i could turn back time, because there are so many things i want to do for u, gong gong.

No comments: