04 August 2008

Switzerland

people asked me which is my favourite country throughout this tour. Seriously, I can't make up my mind. But I must say Switzerland is definitely one of my top 3 in the list. It's a very beautiful place which I once thought they only exist in fairytales. GW took like over 1GB of photos there, he loved the place so much he wanted to get buried there when he's dead.



We were pampered with beautiful scenery when travelling in the coach



There have alot of houses built on slopes of greenary





Swiss knife souvenir shop in Lucerne



Town of Lucerne





Town of Lucerne




Town of Lucerne





Souvenir shop - this is the swiss flag not the hospital








chocolate heaven!





chocolate swiss knife, we didnt buy chocolates because scared they will melt under such extreme hot weather.





hehehe.. bought this hairclip






Beautiful view, on the way to our campsite at Lauterbrunnen. We will stay a night and head to Jungfrau mountain the next day, the top of Europe!





if u think this is nice, u will be swept away by the real thing






swiss alps - view from our campsite





there is a waterfall at the campsite





rainbow!

Dinner was Swiss specialty - the cheese fondue! They put wine in the fondue, so it tasted kinda bitter. GW didn't like it. But I love it and I can drink the whole thing! And they say if u accidentally dropped your bread into the fondue, u have to kiss the person sitting on your left.

We need to take a 2hr cog railway to get to Jungfrau mountain. It travels upwards and the wind gets colder as we get higher. This is halfway up the mountain, it's the Kleine Scheidegg station.





When we got to the top, we were super hungry. This is our fellow korean tourmates eating korean cup noodle, they will use the wooden chopsticks to tighten the lid. It's like a norm thing to them, but it's my first time seeing it.






This noodle costs 7 swiss franc. Daylight robbery. We both had 2 servings each, because it's very shiok!





beautiful






We conquered new land!! HAHAHA.. lame




This time, mammoth came with a friend - moh kwai




BFF! Best friends forever



GW buried mammoth in the snow






mammoth on the alps







Look ma! I'm a eskimo!







it's cold when the wind comes




new jacket bought in italy







ice palace








ice palace at jungfrau mountain - top of europe



i find him very cute, always smiling :)



We took a very fast moving elevator to the sphinx, and there's another area of snow used for snow activities... Like snowboarding, skiing, flying fox etc etc



I always wanted to do this! Roll on snow. Then GW challenged me to roll down the snow slope. I not so stupid ok!




Random people skiing







Random china boy








wow! i will bring bee bee here for a stroll too






snowball fight







Beware if u kana my this big snowball u surely go hospital and lie few weeks






GW scold me when I do this, he say it's very dirty.





Golden pillow





Writing a postcard.... and







sending it out from the highest point of Europe. Yes, they have a post office there!!!




Actually it's quite warm on the alps, so those planning to go there can forget about bringing your jacket. But sunglasses is a must, because snow reflects light and is very glaring for your eyes. But i duno why GW didn't use his shades.

No comments: