07 September 2011

Time to pack away my summer dresses in boxes

I was out with Elliot yesterday in my short sleeves and as I was crossing the bridge towards town, I was hit by super strong winds that sent shivers and goosebumps all over. The kind which can move the clouds above at mad speed.

I looked around and saw people dressed in jackets, beanies and boots.
And it was then I realised, the hot days are over.

I'm so not looking forward to winter (I skipped autumn cuz in my opinion, it doesn't exist in Sweden) and I had this crazy idea of buying a pair of Dr Martens boots. I used to claim that they look like Ronald Mcdonald's boots and I would never ever want to own one in my life.

But now, I thought they look uber cool.
WAHHAAHHAHAHA!!! KILL ME NOW!
Really don't understand why I had this sudden liking to them now leh

When GW got home, he's very positive and even offers to get them as my early birthday gift.
I think I've gone to the wrong person for advice cuz it's totally biased since he's a huge fan and wears only Dr Martens.

Browsed through the web and immediately knew what I wanted - 1460 with 8 eyelets.
The 14 eyelets ones are nice too but I know my fat calves ain't gonna fit.

Couldn't decide on the colours.
I wanted cherry red or black (easier to match) but GW insists that purple is nicer and he says if wanna wear Dr Martens must buy those "teong" colours. So black is definitely out for him.
Which one should I buy???


In a nutshell: I'm someone who wears cheapo shoes, and my favourite are nua flipflops. I wear flipflops during winter too :)  So to me, these boots are on the expensive side so if I really own one, I will wear them til death even if it means mismatched outfits.

9 comments:

PrEeZ said...

purple looks cool..i like purple.nw i miss wearing nice hats n boots in autumn n winter...boohoo!

Cindy said...

Don't care lah, just whip out your boots and wear to orchard rd!!

slegna said...

how buy already??? CHERRY RED!!!!

Cindy said...

Haven't!!! Need to confirm my shoe size first, gonna buy online!

Calista G. said...

OMG!! im getting the cherry red low cut ones!! im saving money for it!! get the cherry red, is very niceeee! my friends have the cherry red ones!!!

Cindy said...

Yeah I'm getting cherry red!! How much is it selling in Singapore??

sharontlc said...

ard $168~$200 at Penisular Plaza

Cindy said...

@sharon: You wanna buy for me arh? Aiyo don't want lah, paiseh.

Cindy said...

Woots! Tried out the boots at the store and I'm wearing UK size 3. I was rooting for cherry red until I saw the patent black one.

IT'S SUPER GORGEOUS AND NOW I CAN'T DECIDE AGAIN!

Hmm, should I get both? (GW ask me to chiak kau sai)