27 September 2011

26 Sep: Elliot's first solid

I bought a sweet potato and it has been sitting in the kitchen untouched for 7 days 7 nights until yesterday, which seems like an auspicious day to start working on it.

Went through some recipes from Susanna's cookbook.
I baked the sweet potato in the oven, scraped out the flesh, mashed it with a fork and expressed some breast milk to thin it. And I get homemade puree!



Elliot: This better be good huh...
I'm very busy one ok, no time for nonsense


Elliot: Eeee...Weird weird de leh.


Elliot: I rather eat this spoon!


Elliot: Next time just tabao for me


Elliot: I don't like leh...
Nah, return to you.

P/S: Hmm, maybe I should introduce him brown rice first?

6 comments:

PrEeZ said...

hahaha!!so cute!!

Cindy said...

but im super lazy to prepare the food for him leh.. Do so much work for so small portion!!!

PrEeZ said...

is it?i tot jus boil then mash w breastmilk n giv?not easy meh?did u try agn after this time?anyway u can get bottled one if u lazy...

Cindy said...

Ya ya its easy but am lazy... And he eat very little only, more food outside than inside his mouth. Today I gave him brown rice.. He ate like 1 tablespoon ( that's all I prepared, in case he didn't like) and seem like can eat more! Tmr try again. :)

PrEeZ said...

1tblspoon onlee?*faintz*wah..hw to cook jus 1 tblspoon??

Cindy said...

I didn't want to waste food mah..

So far he had tried sweet potato puree, banana, brown rice and porridge :) Hmm.. planning to do mash potato next. His fave is banana. I use his spoon to scrape and feed him but I never give much cuz scared banana is too sweet for him.