05 March 2011

My fourth visit to the midwife.

Warning: Hello! This post is for recording purposes and may bore you.

Baby is very active now. I can tell he is a potential workaholic cuz he does his fair share of OT flippings and kickings throughout the night.

Yup I'm will be making more frequent visits to the midwife now, like once every 2 weeks until the day I deliver. Yesterday's visit took like 15 minutes only.

She did the following routine check for me:
1) measure my weight (extra 1kg since last visit, making it total 9kg weight gain)
2) check blood pressure (normal)
3) listen to baby's heartbeat using the doppler -my fave part! (148bpm)
4) measure the length from pelvic to top of uterus (increase 3cm to 29cm)

Then she pressed my tummy here and there and concluded my baby's position is upside down now and he weighs approx. 2kgs. WAH LIKE SIBEH PRO RIGHT. But not sure how accurate it is lah.

We had a little chat and I can tell she's a little concern about my speedy weight gain. She said on average preggies should gain around 10-12 kg throughout the whole pregnancy and went on to remind me that I have another 10 weeks to go.

My wakeup call!

Midwife suggests that I bid goodbye to my chocolate, cookies, chips and soda indulgence and increase my daily power-walk to 1hour instead of the usual 30min. Seriously. I've got a feeling she hates me.

It's not fun to go walk out there when it's so cold. I realised I walked super fast to get home just now because the wind was freezing and makes me wanna pee in my pants. Boohoo, I'm so not looking forward to my comfort food abstain.

5 comments:

slegna said...

i think it's time to buy a treadmill. then u can eat and walk all at home.

Cindy said...

Sher i miss you!!! Come back soon!

Where got space to put treadmill sia? I think GW will ask me to watch TV and walk on the spot.

PrEeZ said...

hahaha..hw to walk on the spot?she tell me to walk too bt very cold leh..how to walk for 1hr??!!

Cindy said...

Priyah! She asked me to walk 30min twice a day. But I'm lazy to go out so many times lah, very cold leh. So I walk the 1hr in one go! I walk from my place to scandic hotel then back and that took abt 45min then I climb some stairs.

Walk on the spot is aka stamping your feet left right left right on the same spot! HAHAHAH! I know it looks dumb but it makes me feel less guilty than doing zero workout. Psychological thing lah.

Eh we go out next week ok! I msg you!

PrEeZ said...

oh i c...i try to go for walk (to ica or lidel)buy grocery then cum bck thats my walk but only once in a while when i feel like it.Other times i do pregnancy yoga at home.

We meet up sn.msg me!