31 March 2011

My fifth visit to the midwife

Just got home from my week 34 appointment with the midwife.

Updates from the checkup:
1) lost some weight due to stupid pneumonia (total weight gain now: 9kg - 3kg = 6kg)
2) check blood pressure (normal)
3) baby's heartbeat was 154bpm (why is it getting faster and faster huh?)
4) length from pelvic to top of uterus increases 2cm to 31cm. (Glad that baby is growing despite weight loss!)
5) baby's position: head down
6) baby's weight: forgot to ask!!! I know I will miss out something.

Had a little chat as usual, advised me to go to the hospital when I get three contractions within 10 minutes or when the waters break, and must remember to ring them before heading down. Asked about my wishes on how I want my delivery to be done and what kinds of pain relief I have in mind. She named me a few like the laughing gas, hot tub and epidural etc. (I tot the hot tub will be nice)

My ideal delivery is of course to have a natural birth with no need for C-section or epidural. But you know lah, these kinda things very hard to say mah. If really pain until kanasai how? If I go through a difficult first labour now, will I develop a phobia and resist having a second child in the future?

I can sense my fear for labour getting intense as the EDD draws nearer. Haiss but what's going to happen will happen, overthinking will only give us unneccessary stress. I just want our baby to be healthy.


I realised my bump is kinda small compared to the angmoh preggies I saw in the hospital. 
Theirs look like it's gonna explode anytime!

One more month to go. 
Keep a positive mind. If everyone else can do it, so can I.

4 comments:

Tan said...

very unglam!!!!.......... =_=
hahaha

-Haz

Ah Sin said...

Hmmmm tummy bigger now!!! Not small liao... dun compare to angmohs la.. sometimes their baby doesn't seem to be bigger than ours one too.. n I believe u can overcome the pain of labour.. U r quite a strong girl!! jiayou, can one!!

Cindy said...

@Haz: Aiyo always take chio photos very sian one leh.

@KS: Hope my delivery will be a fast one lor. Duno how you pull thru that 40hrs when u had ting!!! Must be super painful!

Ah Sin said...

Ok la... that time I swear I won't have 2nd one whenever I squeezed up like a shrimp during peak contractions.. But now I completely forget everything.. DUn worry la.. Not everybody as suay as me la.. maybe u r as lucky as Serene having 4 hrs only? Lack of one zero from mine.. Dun think of it first la.. think more, scared more.. Hahah..