10 July 2015

Nostalgic playground #1: The Seal

We've been wanting to do this a long time ago; bring our children to visit the oldest playgrounds (70s-80s) in Singapore and our first stop was to The Seal playground at Dakota Crescent. 
This was the first playground that came to my mind because it's the one which my siblings and I grew up with as my maternal granny used to stay around the corner.


Brings back fond memories.
The place where we used to play catching and then our ah gong will bring us across the road to buy my favourite 20 cents pink colour Twisties. 
But the provision shop is gone and now it's been replaced by Tian Kee cafe.


A pity the bridge is no longer the one with wooden planks and chains. 
I could still remember we used to jump on it so hard so the other kids find it difficult to cross over.


Leah is not used to seeing sand at playgrounds.
And my love-hate relationship with the red pole that Elliot was checking out. My sister could climb up and slide down the pole like a pro, and it's a huge advantage when we were playing catching and I just couldn't. I still remember I begged her to teach me to climb up the pole but I just couldn't. 
I was a fat kid, and I still am.
Period.


The most awesome slide.


Trying to capture them in their natural self.


1 playground down, and 7 more to go. 
Stay tune for more updates on our hunt for nostalgic playgrounds :)

No comments: