03 July 2014

What happened during the June Holidays

The reason for the lack of updates -  Elliot was sick.
 
His fever was like a rollercoaster for 3 weeks.  He's been to the doctor and finished all his antibiotics but it seems like he's not getting any better. He's alternately taking the paracetemol and ibuprofen but the fever comes back whenever the medicine lost its effect. He's also down with cough and runny nose. We quarantined him from Leah and he stays at my MIL's place. He doesn't eat or drink much of anything too. He lost so much weight.
 
 
 
And just as we planned to bring him to the doctor again the next day (finished all his medications!), my MIL called at 10pm to tell us Elliot has fainted. GW quickly sent him to KKH A&;E.
 
I was at home with Leah, worried and checking my phone constantly for updates. Elliot went through a series of blood test and an X-ray, and was diagnosed with bacteria infection in his lungs. The first thing that went through my mind was OH NO! PNUEMONIA! He had a febrile fits attack earlier as his temperature hit a high 39.4 degrees and his brain kinda shut down.
 
He was given stronger antibiotics to be taken orally for 10 days, and by the 7th day he's getting better and is cheerful again. I cannot describe my gladness.
 

Then one fine day, she got it.
Yup, guessed the quarantine didn't work for her. Poor meimei.
And thank God hers wasn't as bad as Elliot's and she has recovered.
 
 
And another reason for lack of updates.
No mood because MY HOUSE IS CONSTANTLY IN A MESS.


Leah is getting very mobile and Elliot now has an accomplice to torture me.
More mess. But then again, better to have mess than two sick kiddos.
 



 
 

2 comments:

sQ said...

Hope Elliot & Leah are all fine now. My nephew has been having the roller-coaster fever since 3 weeks back too.. Really pain us to see these kids like that. May all of them be well & healthy! U take care too, my dear friend!

Cindy said...

Yup, both my kids have recovered. Thank you. Elliot's having fits was the scariest part. Poor kendrix, gotta keep him hydrated ya!!


SQ, I want to eat durian also leh. Hahahhaha!!!