09 May 2014

Elliot's 3rd birthday celebration (School)

Preparation for Elliot's birthday party in school. 
Packed goody bags for his classmates and printed a simple thank you note. And then the most daunting task ever - having a minion cake to go with the theme. Initially I wanted to bake cupcakes with fondant, but was having cold feet at the eleventh hour. My baking really BUAY SAI so might as well not waste the ingredients that goes into the cake. I came across an easy homemade marshmallow fondant recipe (the ready made fondant at phoon huat so ex leh) and I kneaded it into minion figures the night before to use as cake toppers. Yes, I know they look like pirated minions.
Mai hiam lah, got effort leh.


Took a cab to his school with Leah after sending him off to his school bus. Reached there earlier than him and we quickly set up everything to surprise him. He gets to dress in his party clothes. Happy kid.

Birthday song during assembly with schoolmates from all levels.

Birthday song again in his classroom with his classmates. He cried when I was about to leave but eventually wiped his tears and waved goodbye.
Happy birthday Elliot, I hope you had fun in school today.




2 comments:

sQ said...

Happy Birthday to Elliot! He looks so shy!! Hope to see him & Leah again soon!! =))

Cindy said...

Yah agree! Must be feeling nervous with all that attention in the school.