16 August 2013

13 August: Aunty Michelle's Shanghai Tan birthday bash

Yeah we were invited to another themed birthday party!!!
 
Been very excited and looking forward to Aunty Michelle's birthday celebration at NSRCC bungalow since months ago and she wanted a Shanghai Tan theme to go with it. But I cannot fit into any cheongsam or anything Shanghai tan with my whale figure now. Sigh.
 
Poor Cass must have killed many brain cells to come up with the decorations. You must see the DIY gramophone she made from scratch, I was dumbfounded when I saw it and thought she bought it from somewhere. They also prepared props like fans, feathers and machine guns for everyone to use during photo taking. It was a super fun night lah.
 
P/S: All photos were stolen from Ah Bee's FB.
 
 
We arrived early for the pool and water play!


Elliot loves just waddling around in the water.
 
 
Having fun!
 
 
Aunty Michelle was so high from targeting us with the water guns.
I think we were in the water for super long. 1-2 hours??
Not sure... I just know I was super hungry after that.
 
 
Thank you for BBQ-ing for us :)
 
 
Family shot after washing up.
 
 
Pinching food here and there while waiting for the BBQ food!!
Lenz is having a giant butter prawn prepared by Aunty Jean.
Super yummy and I've got the recipe from her already.
 
 
Guests start to arrive and everyone got into the Shanghai Tan mood...
Here's a picture of our birthday girl, Aunty Michelle in her Shanghai Tan dressing.
CHIO LAH.
 
 
I super love this picture because I thought I don't look pregnant here!
Thanks to the fan (for hiding the bump), feather (for elongation) and genius photographer (Ah Bee).
Anyway, was caught tiptoeing. Hah!
 

More pretty cheongsam ladies.
 

Shanghai Tan couple. Very ONZ right.
Aeed has matching cheongsam and fan!
 

My sis and her bf with Aunty Michelle.


The Lims.
Edwin do look like a rich man from that era huh?
 
 
Our family picture with Elliot don't know kua simi.
 

OK I know. Very lame pose.
Looking at all wrong directions somemore.
 
 
HELLO!! This is the gramophone I'm talking about earlier.
Damn zai right. She even made a black record to "play" on the gramophone can!
All the lanterns hanging up there and backdrop were hand painted by her too.
 

DENG DENG DENG DENG!!!
Group picture with the ladies...
 

And the MEN!
 

Last but not least, the Goh family photo and a lucky little boy who gets to steal the limelight at everyone's birthday celebration. Happy birthday to you, Ah Siang gugu :)
Wishing you good health and happiness always.

No comments: