02 November 2011

1 more week and Elliot will be 6 months old

Elliot is having his nap now so I thought maybe I can update my blog abit and make it look less like Elliot's photo album.

Motherhood. Can't believe I'm in this journey for half a year already. Time goes by so quickly when my life becomes a blur of feedings, changings and sleepless nights.

It has not been the most smooth sailing for us. From Elliot's birth til now- Jaundice, baby acne, cradle cap, food allergy rash. My baby had them all. Initially I was so upset that baby had to go through this, and even a simple remark like "what happened to his face?" made me feel like a lousy mother. I had to constantly remind myself to look on the bright side and enjoy the process in a positive way. Well, no one said it's gonna be easy right? At least, he's a healthy little fatty bunny and that's what matter most.

Thank God all these came and go. Elliot has been eating rice for three days without any rash outbreak :) Yeah simple things like that makes me happy now.

Okay gonna end this post abruptly with pictures.
Will write more when my feel comes. Haha!


Elliot eats basically anything that comes near his mouth.
And my husband looks like a boy. Haiz. So unfair.


I'm sure you hear this all the time from mothers everywhere, "It's all worth it."
I thought I knew what it meant in the past but I truly feel it now.

5 comments:

Shuwen said...

hey dear, dun feel bad .. every kid got their own pattern n problem de .. u might hv gone thru those u mention n others might not ..but these are considered mild already ... I've seen even worse de ..n u are doing great u know !!! nobody is perfect de lor .. we learned thru every stage of life ... look foward to every new stage ba ... catch up soon ya for K n la kopi kkkk ....

Cindy said...

Yah lor, I know... That's why I'm learning to take things easy and be more positive lor. I don't want one day I look back to only regret that I wasted my precious first year with Elliot worrying over things which I can't control.

And this is only the beginning......... Yeah see you soon ok!!

PrEeZ said...

Hey Cin!you are doing a great job..I can see that Elliot's growing and learning fast.As you've mentioned these things are not in our control,babies are prone to have this and that.But we,being first time mothers do get a bit guilty..kiasu..upset etc over all these.Just enjoy the moment,ok?I am trying too..Initially,i get worried for little things or feel guilty if Vimal falls sick but now i try to take it easy. :) Its just part of growing up..

Keep up the great work with Elliot n Enjoy your time in Sweden!*hugs*

~Summer~ said...

we are all learning to be better mums, but there's no perfect mum in the world.. pat pat, you are really doing a wonderful job liaoz.. elliot is lucky to have you! let's jia youz together!

Cindy said...

Sobs. The mommies know best what I'm going through!! Jiayou everyone :)