28 January 2011

My second visit to the midwife.

Hello peeps, I went to see my midwife yesterday and she needed to get my blood sample to check my blood group. I really hate needle stuff and will try to avoid if possible. I said I was a B positive and even tried to convince her by showing her my ID with my blood type imprinted on it but it didn't work.

"It's part of our procedure." she said.

I stretched out my finger as she rummaged through the drawers and I almost fainted when I saw her taking out a syringe.

Need to withdraw so much meh!? When I did the blood group test back in my schooling days, the nurse only use a stapler-like-gadget and punch it at our middle finger to get ONE DROP of blood leh.

Okay enough of ranting.

Here's a video of my baby's heartbeat at week 26 with the aid of a audio doppler.


I know I may sound silly doing this, but I replay and hear it over and over again like a million times.
Heart beating at a steady pace of 148bpm.

P/S: Pardon my oily tummy, I slapped tons of moisturising cream on it cuz I don't want stretchmarks.

4 comments:

PrEeZ said...

It must be an amazing feeling to hear the heartbeat for the first time.=)

Tan said...

=) so nice!!! will you be coming back after giving birth? who's gonna take care of u?

-Hazel

Unknown said...

wow!! she actually let u record also ah..=) amazing right..when u hear the heartbeat =D

what did GW say? =D

YL

Cindy said...

@Priyah: Yes indeed! Think you will get to hear yours during ur next appointment :)


@Hazel: Not gg back SG... My MIL is coming to help me do confinement.. Don't worry, I'm in good hands! After she go back, then I 自己保重 liao.


@YL: Eh, I nvr ask her for permission leh, I just whipped out my camera and record cuz i wanted to let GW hear it when he's home.