21 April 2010

hanging on

We were supposed to dream of USA for the past week.

We are suppose to pack our luggage now.

We are suppose to leave for the airport tonight!!!

But our dearest CPH airport open, close, open, close like nobody business.

Sian like mad.


Updates 22/04/2010: The volcano thingy has really gotten on my nerves, we checked the KLM website every 5-10 minutes and refreshed the page in hope to see our flight appear on it.

But it didn't happen. The status of our flight wasn't cancelled but it's not on the list either. So are we still driving to the airport or not? If our flight is not departing, are we going to join the rest of the stranded passengers at the airport?

I got desperate and turned to another KLM's channel for rebooking flights - FACEBOOK. I'm just trying my luck since the phonecalls were always busy and they sent automated replies when you email them.

I posted my request on their FB wall, wondering when will I ever get a respond. I'm not being pessimistic but when you see requests popping up every 5 seconds on the same wall, all posted by fellow passengers whose flights got affected, you can't help but think like that.

Surprisingly within 5 minutes, I received a reply from the KLM team. For one moment I thought it's my chio profile picture that caught their attention. I sent them our booking details and within 2 hours, they re-booked our travel dates to LAX to 1 day later on the first flight. COOL!

If nothing goes wrong, I should be able to post my 'HELLO I'M IN USA' entry by tomorrow.

No comments: