07 August 2009

Highlights of Stockholm Trip

Yeap, we are home!!! I love our stockholm trip, it was plenty of fun... Minus the 6 hour plus torturing drive (Poor GW, he had to listen to all my singing in the car) and also minus the part when we got lost in Stockholm city while locating our hotel, because the GPS didn't have the updated maps.


Good thing I've printed out the driving instructions from the hotel website before leaving home, so it's not that bad... and the check-in was done in a swift!


On our first day, we just wandered around aimlessly around their centrum. Every street and every corner I turn into, I see shopping shopping shopping!!!



Our dinner was at a japanese ramen restaurant.


Had quite a variety of japanese food. And also a few Japanese dining there.


He ordered yakiniku don and I was like.. Hello why you go and order this yakiniku and not try their famous ramen???


He said: I CAN TRY YOURS MAH!


Ok, anyway his yakiniku came and was super delicious so I didn't go on with the argument.


My miso ramen was fantastic!!!
Noodle was very Q and soup nice! But the 25% tax made this meal costs almost 500kr.


Then we went for a night walk at Gamla Stan (Old Town)


All pictures were taken with the help of GW's trustworthy tripod stand. We can't take any decent night shots without it.


Not saying it's super duper good, but without the tripod stand it's totally cannot make it one.


Tried to pull off with a funny one



We were at Mårten Trotzigs Gränd street.
It's 90cm wide and is the narrowest alley in Stockholm.


Next morning we had a hearty breakfast and all set to walk 2km to Vasa Museum


Shopping streets


Dropped in to Gigantan. He was tempted to get a better camera cuz the one we are having now is a piece of crap.It takes 5 seconds to capture a picture after you press the button.

And I'm not exaggerating!!!


Then he found a bag with the airplane safety belt buckle. Cool.


Crossing the bridge to Djurgården Island, where Vasa Museum is located.


How nice to canoe on a hot sunny day!



Long queue at Vasa Museum Entrance, but it was moving fast so not much of a problem.
Ok, here something about Vasa in a nutshell.

It's a swedish warship and it sank after travelling 2km on her maiden voyage. It was then salvaged 300 years later and now housed in Vasa Museum for exhibition.


This is GW and his diver.


Cannot do any kua zhang pose because many tourists around.



hello I'm inside a diving bell, so that makes me half a diver.



The Vasa. The ship was well preserved during the 300 years under the sea due to the low salinity of the water.



The deck level



The dead crew they found










There is a multimedia show explaining the possible reasons of the sinking and also the whole process of hauling etc. Costs 95kr to enter and is worth every crown.


A picture outside the museum.


Went to check out the Vasa Museum Garden (actually nothing much there)


The only thing I find nice in the garden


We wandered around and landed on a cemetry. The cemetry there is nothing like Singapore. No apples and no oranges, just lovely flowers.


Took a few shots there


I LOVE THIS PICTURE AND IT'S MY BLOG BANNER NOW.


Berry season


Stood outside Tivoli for quite a while thinking if we should go in.


But we were too tired to do rides so just bought a ice cream and walked away. Then I saw a sign pointing to CIRKUS. Thought it's kinda cool to visit circus in Stockholm so we happily followed the sign to this place (below)


Yes, It's CIRKUS. But it's a restaurant!!!!
DIAO. Anyways, we left Djurgården to find some lunch.



Other than normal angmoh food, Stockholm has alot of Chinese/Japanese/Mongolian restaurants and we were both spoilt for choices. We had some sushi for lunch.


There are so many Sushi restaurants here, so I really don't understand how we can end up in this restaurant serving very lousy sushi. The rice all falling out even before it reaches our mouths and the tamago is tasteless. Hais, anyhow choose also can choose wrong.



We then got lost trying to find Hardrock cafe. Here we are walking with a GPS.


It's across the road!




It wasn't dinner time so there's no crowd yet.







A nice place to chill and rest our feet.
And the TV was playing my favourite Wii Rockband song.
MAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaAAAaaaappppps


We went to the Absolute Icebar, the coolest bar in Stockholm all year round at -5 degrees.
The staff put on this special cape for everyone.



I'm so excited to go in!


Everyone rushed to order their drinks the moment they stepped into the ice bar.



The bartender is handsome (GW thought so too)



Cool, they serve their drinks using ice glasses. He's having a non alcoholic drink and it looks and tastes like plain water. Mine was Absolute blossom, and it tasted like mango. :)



My Absolute Blossom :)


We were allowed to stay in the bar for 45min before they send another batch in.



Tables also made of ice!


They are some ice sculptures in the bar


There's nothing much to do inside except taking pictures






Trying to look like he's enjoying his plain water


Are we supposed to "drink" the glass as well?


Posing with his ice glass against the ice brick wall






We were there for 30min since it's not a very big place. The vodlka did warm me a little but still I was shivering in my slippers (cuz I thought they will provide footwear but they didn't).


Went back to room, and stuck a tissue into my nostrils.
Caught a cold in the ice bar, i guess. ZZZZZZzzz


We walked again to Gamla Stan the next day.
This is Prastgatan, a quiet alley in the old town. I'm loving these brightly painted buildings.



Got GW to set up his tripod, and asked him to imagine us enjoying our walk along this narrow and quiet alley. Be as natural as possible. I complained that he's not smiling here and he said he's very very natural liao.

Who will smile to themselves when they walk one?

我被你打败了!!!



As we were walking down the street, we spotted something black and round on this building



Close up. IT'S A CANNON BALL STUCK UP THERE!


The German Church



The German church from another angle






A kindergarten. Kids having fun outdoors


More pictures of old town. Peaceful.



There's this super big tree in the middle


And i find it rather charming


Under the tree


Abit buay tahan this gu-niang pose of mine.
(anyway, that's not my underwear, it's a pair of green shorts)




A lovely little souvenir shop


Bought a magnet here



There is changing of the guards at the Royal Palace everyday at 12noon.





It was still early and we went to the Royal gift shop to kill some time.





GW asked why their helmet is so pointy on top, is it to protect them from kena strike by lightning?


Finally saw the horse wagon!






Woohh!! Ceremony starts.



The horses are stinko


I was standing beside this guard so I had the privilege of this picture


Manning the horse with the 1 hand and playing instrument with the other one.


More and more people at Gamla Stan


My shoes were hurting me and I wanted to head back hotel to change into my slippers.
On our way back, i saw a fountain inside a building.



There isn't anyone there so I did a jump. Wanted it to look like a graceful ballet jump but turn out I have no talent and totally have no idea what is this.




At the army museum. Entrance fee is 50kr, however there is free admission for those under 19 years old. We went there and they didn't stop us to buy tickets.

There are 3 levels of exhibition in the museum. But pictures weren't allowed for lvl 2 and 3, where they have life size figurines and they look so real!!! Can get kinda spooky because there aren't many people in there.

I strongly recommend you to visit this museum if you are in Stockholm, I think it's even better than Vasa Museum. And it's free if you are below 19 or look like 19.


We took some crap pictures at the first level, where they exhibit the "HERO" theme


So who's the hero and who's the villian


I'm a firewoman and he's a policeman.
We are heros!


My turn! I'm a policewoman and I'm a hero.


Hello, I'm a viking. I'm a hero.


I'm Hilter. Errr.. I'm a hero... (???)


They are selling Jesus puppet magnet!


I fought with superman


Superman please come and save me!


Hotair balloons!



My ahem artistic shot







A random shot in the hotel lift.


B&J ice cream after dinner



Though there's plenty of shopping in Stockholm, i couldn't find anything to buy. The only thing I got for myself is this strawberry beanie! Love it :) So cute.

No comments: